Captain Karan Singh spent 10+ years flying Boeing 737’s for India’s leading airline. Predicting the boom in Indian commercial and corporate aviation, he left active flying to establish KuBase Aviation and Indo Pacific Aviation – both companies being pioneers in the Indian civil aviation arena. Capt. Singh is a dynamic young man with a vision to give a new thrust and due recognition to Business Aviation in India, a field hitherto overshadowed by Commercial Aviation.
Captain Singh incorporated KuBase Aviation Pvt. Ltd. in 2003 and Indo Pacific Aviation Ltd. in 2004 with an aim to make the acquisition, ownership and operation of Business Aircraft simple and effective. Both these companies went on to contribute significantly to the growth of the sector.
The unprecedented growth brought forth new opportunities and a fresh set of problems. To resolve various issues with the government that were restraining the growth of Business Aviation, the Captain persuaded a number of like-minded individuals and organizations to join hands to form the Business Aviation Association for India (BAAI) in 2005 to provide a strong voice that is heard, understood and respected. With his unrelenting approach, he was able to get BAAI international recognition and affiliation to International Business Aviation Council (IBAC) in 2006.
He served as President and later Vice-President of BAAI before it was merged into the Business Aircraft Operator’s Association (BAOA) in 2011. He is presently Vice President and Governing Board Member of BAOA. His knowledge of aviation coupled with a local contacts and expertise, made him the ideal partner for ARG-Intl Ltd. in the dynamic Indian market.
Captain Singh’s professional profile is as follows:
- 5000+ hours of Boeing 737-400/700/800/900 time as captain with Jet Airways.
- Owner and Managing Director of KuBase Aviation Pvt. Ltd.
- India’s leading Business Aircraft Acquisition consultant and Charter Broker.
- Owner and CEO of Indo Pacific Aviation Ltd.
- IPAL Pioneered the concept of aircraft management in India and has owned/managed 15 aircraft ranging from single engine helicopters to large cabin, ultra-long range jets.
- DGCA approved CAT C and CAR 145 Maintenance Facility at DIAL, New Delhi.
- Exclusive distributor of Robinson Helicopters – the world’s most successful single engine helicopter.
- Served on the Governing Board of IBAC headquartered at the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) from 2006 on-wards.
BSc in Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU), Daytona Beach, FL.